Thursday 12 May 2016

Trello - another tool for Genealogy

With a little help from Friends

a great way to collaborate or just get organised

What is Trello ? 
I think the best way to find out is to look at their tour.

DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ have been using this to help them plan and organise their hangouts for some time now and here is a Mondays with Myrt where they show some of what they do with Trello.



Cousin Russ also recorded a video with genealogy blogger Becky Jamison on 6th May 2016, where they discussed a post she had made on her blog, about how she is using Trello, to help her get things organized. 

She has added some more posts, about using Trello, since recording this, so please take time to look at them all.

I thought that I might be able to make use of this and remembered having a look at Trello in the past. I went to sign up and realised that I had already signed up using my Google account. When I signed in, I found had already set up some boards, so decided it was time I started adding more to them.

Here are 2 short videos I have made explaining how I have set things up and what I am planning to do to make good use of this tool.




If you are not already using Trello and are thinking of trying it out please use this link to join it is FREE.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial! I have messed with Trello before but could not come up with a comprehensive way to use it. This is fantastic! ~Barbara Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/05/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-may-13-2016.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-You it was a good presentation. Thank-You for going back and showing how to add photographs as a cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty-Lu I thought it was set up okay until I started recording. But sometimes it is useful to note that settings can change as others may find themselves having the same problems.

      Delete
  4. Becky Jamison has made a short video and posted about it on her blog. Here is the link https://beckysgraceandglory.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/i-took-deep-breath-and-created-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including my efforts to share the good news of Trello and it's uses with Genealogy, Hilary! I'm finding new ways almost daily to take advantage of Trello's organizational style to make things easier in my research.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for leaving a comment on the World Wide Genealogy Blog. All comments are moderated because of pesky spammers!

Best wishes
World Wide Genealogy Team