Tuesday 13 January 2015

Worldwide Genealogy ~ A Genealogical Collaboration



My 2014 Accomplishments! & My Goals for the New Year of 2015!


My True Roots



It's Good to be back with my Fellow Bloggers in 2015 for the Worldwide Genealogical Collaboration Project!

2014 was a Wonderful Blessed Year for My True Roots!


  1. I took My True Roots on Facebook.
  2. I bought my Domains. 
  3. My Father took the DNA Test on 23andMe so I could get my Paternal Haplogroup. Which is E1b1a7a.
  4. I was also chosen as one of many 2015 FGS Ambassador for the Federation of Genealogical Societies; 2015 FGS Conference with Rootstech combined. There is still time to Go!  I was so HapPy and BeYond Myself! I'm still pinching myself. I've have learnt so much and I'm around another great group of People who are passionate about the same things about our Stories as we all here at Worldwide!
I also went on a research trip in my Ancestral Places of Research in October. Alabama again but this time, I got to finally go to Georgia! I spent 5 days trapezing around the South and grave yard hopping. It was much needed. I had a pair of new eyes, saw and learnt new things. These trips are what I need in the Summer & Fall to get me through my hibernation of Winter Research and writing. I went to my Historical Society meeting in Bullock County, Alabama. I did all this from Kentucky! I went to Alabama Department of Archives & History. I got a lot of WORK done! besides me sneaking a picture of myself! I love this place!

My True Roots
Me at ADAH!


I had some important Family Members pass away this year. My Beloved Aunt Sallie Bea Robbins 1920-2014. She was instrumental in my Genealogy work. She was my Elder who I went to for reassurance, who I confided in. I did all my work, and Research through her eyes after her Brother my Dad passed away. She was my strength to lean on at all times. There is a void for me now. I know a Elder will come forward one day and be my Grace.

She was the one gave me permission to go on. She is the one who vouched for my Character and allowed other Elders in the family to have confidence in my work and it was all for the good, and for this family.

My Biggest Success and Happy MOMENT!

In July of 2014. There was a Open Casting for Genealogy Roadshow. I applied and my application was ACCEPTED! It's a show on PBS sort of like Antiques Roadshow but for Genealogy. It's also not Celebrity filled. It's for regular everyday Folks like me and you. My family got CHOSEN!

 They research your family. They research with the top Genealogists of the Country and answer a question or two for you about your Family. As much as I research on my family,I don't know everything! That is what they did for me. They found something I had no idea about and answered a longing question for me! I find it befitting that TODAY my piece is posting on the Day that the show starts.....very sweet.

So you'll have to stay tuned. Check your local listing for your PBS channel. Every Tuesday. Starting January 13th, 8pm est.  I was chosen for the St. Louis version at St. Louis Union Station.

I really didn't know what to expect when I got there for filming in August.

I was so nervous and excited at the same time. Filming and being around all those people at Historical Landmark. Kenyatta and my Producer, they made me feel right at ease. They were so courteous and helpful to us the whole time. Very gracious.

I'll be forever Grateful for this Moment for My True Roots! and my Family. It was truly a Honor and we feel Blessed. We have a piece of the puzzle solved so we can go even further.

I look forward to you all watching. I'm excited to read stories from my Contemporaries here at Worldwide. You all are some of the greatest writers and I truly enjoy this Collaboration and being in your company. Welcome to Martin! Ursula and Janet! Thanks Julie for putting up with me!

2015 Goals:

  • Continue research on my family. There is plenty to do and look for. Plan another research trip for the Summer and Fall. Post my findings on my Blog and get more of what I do have online.
  •  I plan to dig more into my DNA and get a better understanding. 
  • Make a log for Oral History Interviews and go over all the ones I have from over the years. They are still touchy even after my Parents have passed for about 8 years. It doesn't seem like it but I need to get those online, even the original papers I scribbled on are important.
  • Pay more attention to International Year for People of African Descent and Honor that. Click the link to find more information on our Recognition from the United Nations.  

“ The International Year must become a milestone in the on-going campaign to advance the rights of people of African descent. It deserves to be accompanied by activities that fire the imagination, enhance our understanding of the situation of people of African descent and are a catalyst for real and positive change in the daily lives of the millions of Afro-descendants around the world".......

  •  Set a DATE to get a rough draft on a Family History Heritage Book for my Family. 

All I have to do is keep working hard, collaborate in faith, and Pray and Listen for my Ancestors. I look forward to what the Lord has in store for My True Roots.

See ya Soon!

Best Regards, True! 


12 comments:

  1. What a year of achievements - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue! There is so much to tell. I'll do that in my future posts. It was a Whirlwind to say the least! Thanks for stopping by my Post. xoxo's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see you on the Roadshow! I watched tonight thinking you would be on, but now understand that it was part 1 of several.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on February 10th....I can't wait to share with you all!

      Delete
  5. Good Head True!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great, although I feel & understand your sadness. Sadly the UK does not seem to get the US genealogy shows, so I shall rely on the US writers to tell us UK folk (& Aussies) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will keep you posted Julie! We love you guys across the Pond!

      Delete
  7. I had to laugh at one thing -- only genealogists would think of "grave yard hopping" as a fun and exciting activity! Excellent year you had . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elise we truly do break for cemeteries. Look foward to this year's Posts! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I am so happy to see how far you have come True! 2014 was a VERY good year for you and I know 2015 will be even better! I am so proud of you cousin, and truly excited and giddy with anticipation to see your Genealogy Roadshow episode. I love that show.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for leaving a comment on the World Wide Genealogy Blog. All comments are moderated because of pesky spammers!

Best wishes
World Wide Genealogy Team