Wednesday 16 December 2015

T'was the Night Before Christmas - - And to All a Good Night

.

This will be my last post at Worldwide Genealogy.  After 24 months, I am leaving the fold.  It has been a great experience sharing with the readers and sharing the posting with other very talented and creative genealogy bloggers.

I have shared with you my experience in ordering 3 memorial markers at one time, to be placed in 3 different cemeteries with 3 different set of rules.  It was a bit frustrating, but, it was so worth it in the end. (See posts:  The Lazy Hazy Days of Summer, Perfect for Remembering and HeadstonesSounds Easy - - Until - - Ordering Memorial MarkersThe Headstones Have Arrived AND Do You Digitally Edit Documents?Tidbits From My World:: Reflection's Dreams. Headstones. Fortunes. Critters. Scientific Fistic.)

I have shared with you a bit of how I try to blend my research and my love of Rving/traveling these beautiful United States.

I shared with you thoughts about my dreaded Christmas letter and I even suggested you “step away from that computer”.

I have tried to suggest ways for you to share your lives and thoughts in your data bases for future generations to learn from.

This, my last month, my post will appear just 9 days before the celebration of Christmas.  Of course I have some thoughts on preserving the holiday and traditions for your family.

Take lots of photos.  Of course you will.  Preserve them in your data base.  Of course you will.  Tell the stories.  Record the traditions, food, the fun and the poignant moments.  Of course you will.

Here are a couple of photos from my archives, from the season. They truly represent the poignant moments of the holiday season for our family.  One of our family holiday traditions. Man reading, “Twas the Night Before Christmas” to our sons. 



And, years later, Man reading the same to our Grandtwins. 



No matter what you may celebrate, Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, Yule or otherwise, may the holidays be wonderful beyond all your dreams. Blessings and Peace to all.




.

2 comments:

  1. And the same to you! I'm afraid I just sort of slipped away and stopped posting with no official ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do what we need to Kristin.

    Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful clan.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for leaving a comment on the World Wide Genealogy Blog. All comments are moderated because of pesky spammers!

Best wishes
World Wide Genealogy Team